Thursday 30 May 2013

Flightless Review!






Pen was a Guardian, but one violent night took his wings. Ten years later he is given the opportunity to earn them back.

Jade is spellbound by the new student. Pen is quiet, but she is determined to learn more about him. When her terrifying past comes back to haunt her, Pen reveals there is much more to him than she could have ever imagined.

With his soul on the line, Pen cannot protect Jade if his feelings keep getting in the way. But with Jade’s soul on the line, he must protect her from unearthly forces who want her blood. Will the truth redeem them, or tear them apart?





 Wow! I have to first say I loved the characters in this book!  We have Pen a red haired "Guardian Angel" who causes his own fall from grace.  An angel who .... oops I can't say, but suffice it to say it is one heck of a surprising thing he does. Naughty, naughty angel!  Just my type of angel!

Then we have Jade, what a complete mess this girl is at the beginning of the book.  And my how she grows during the book.  I do so love characters which grow.

Do you love Angels?  Do you love drama?  Do you love suspense?  Then this is the book for you! 

One thing you did get to see in this book was Point of View changes.  This works for some people, not for others. So I thought I'd give you the heads up on this aspect of the book.  It does work in the story and doesn't detract from it at all.  It in fact gives you a little bit of a different aspect to what happens which gives you the bigger picture which really was interesting.

I can also say that I liked that the young girl, Jade grew into the teenager who blocks memories.  That was an interesting aspect to the story and actually helped create an entire aspect that we didn't expect.

Kerri Neal provided me with a copy of this book for my honest review.  I must say that this free copy held no bearing on my final review.  I gave this book 4.5 stars.  

Thank you Kerri for my chance to read and review your work.





Keri Neal is a native Californian who calls Texas “Home”. Growing up an only child, she was a big movie buff and an even bigger reader. As a child, she would write mini-mysteries on her typewriter and fantasize about becoming the next Christopher Pike. As an adult, she showed no interest in writing until her BFF, Cheryl sent her a text one day: “I’m thinking about writing a novel…”. And so they did. It was a fun, soul-crushing experience that taught her about the thrill of self-expression and the agony of rejection. Keri lives near Austin with her husband, two children, two hamsters and a snake. She crochets, sews, reads, paints and loves all things artsy and craftsy.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you such a wonderful review!

    Keri
    (with one "r")
    :-)

    ReplyDelete