Sunday 12 May 2013

From My Mama's Kitchen


So today I have a little something special. A wonderful little book full of life's lessons from the kitchen.  I was lucky enough to receive a copy of the book "From My Mama's Kitchen" by Johnny Tan.



This book is a wonderful little read.  Johnny Tan touches on one very important factor, the Love a mother has for their children.

At first I thought it was going to be a cookbook.  Due to the name, however I quickly realized that it was a book full of stories about motherly love.  As the mother of 3 daughters and 2 step-sons. I not only have the unique love of a biological mother but also a mother who chose to be one.  There were so many inspirational stories in this book, and it truly reminded me of when I was growing up. I had quite a few "moms" when I was a kid, and now that the shoe is on the other foot and i'm a mom, I likewise have quite a few "kids" who are not my own flesh and blood.

This book does have a few recipes all of which are oh so yummy.  This book is PERFECT for Mother's Day.  It is inspiring and light-hearted and the back of the book has spots to put your own thoughts. It's a short read but well worth it!

Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review.



No comments:

Post a Comment